121 Rental ® ™ Limited (“We”) commit ourselves to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes provided information at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the site. We might also request further information and if you should report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you should contact us.
- Details of the resources you access and of your visits to our site.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information includes your IP address where available, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report collective information to our advertisers. We may also collect information about your general internet usage using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computers hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service. You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Where you have consented to be contacted, to provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so.
- In allowing ourselves to carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us. We may also use your data to inform you and provide information on services that may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. These include our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To the prospective buyer or seller of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
From time to time our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you visit any of these sites please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Act you can exercise the right to access any information we hold about you.
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide a car rental service which may include trading and sharing in personal information, promoting and advertising our products and services, maintaining our accounts and records, supporting and managing our employees and the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
lifestyle and social circumstances
education and employment details
goods or services
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
racial or ethnic origin
religious or other beliefs
trade union membership
physical or mental health details
offences and alleged offences
criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
customers and clients
professional advisers and consultants
individuals captured by CCTV images
offenders and suspected offenders
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
customers and clients
family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
advisers and consultants
educators and examining bodies
current, past and prospective employers
other companies in the same group
employment and recruitment agencies
credit reference agencies
debt collection and tracing agencies
traders in personal data
police forces and security organisations
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act. You can visit www.ico.org.uk for more information.